Dr. Johay Amith (BSc., BSc., DMD) has over 20 years of international experience in dental medicine. With ongoing development as a core value, he is continuously involved in the latest advancements in the dental world. He is a member of a large number of dental associations where he is exposed to a range of information about cutting edge dental research and practice, and he regularly attends dental conventions and courses in order to provide his patients with world leading treatments.
Dr. Amith puts an emphasis on providing his patients with a personal treatment and utmost consideration for any special needs and he prides himself on delivering top quality work with maximal durability. He has been providing dental services to satisfied communities from the “Blue Bungallow of Dental Today” in Onehunga since 2004.
- “FastBraces” – Fast Safe Easy and Affordable Orthodontic system, 2014
- “SAF” System -Minimally invasive 3D root canal cleaning & shaping with continuous irrigation, for a higher success rate, 2013
- OrthoCAD (eXact) – Computerized Orthodontic planning and brackets indirect placement, 2010
- “SimPlant” – Computer guided implant surgery “SurgiGuide”, 2009
- Laser – Soft and Hard Tissue, 2008
- Mini Dental Implants – (MDI), 2007
- Invisaligin provider, 2005 (when method first introduced to New Zealand)
- Rotary NiTi files for Root Canal, 1999
- Dental Implant provider, 1991
- ADA – Auckland Dental Association
- NZDA – New Zealand Dental Association
- NZACD – New Zealand Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- NZMID – New Zealand Institute of Minimal Intervention Dentistry
- ITI – International Team for Implantology
- Fellow of: ICOI – International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- ASID – Australian Society of Implant Dentistry
- AO – Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity
- NZDOS – The New Zealand Dentists Orthodontic Society
Dr. Walter Lown With over twenty years of experience, Walter is passionate about creating great smiles with a smile. After serving satisfied customers in South Africa and Australia, Walter’s love to beautiful places brought him to our Auckland clinic, where Dental Today has the privilege to offer our customers his international expertise.
Walter enjoys ‘flying’ and he spends most of his free time paragliding around New Zealand’s beautiful scenic platforms and cliffs.
Lily Wei is our Dental Hygienist. She is an AUT graduate with a Bachelor of Science Major in oral health. She has dual qualification to practice as Dental Therapist and Dental Hygienist.
Lily is a mother of two and is passionate about her chosen career as a professional Hygienist and Dental Therapy. Always with a smile on her face, Lily is friendly and gentle. We know you will like her and will be in excellent hands when you come for your hygienist appointment.
Dental Therapist and Hygienist
Garbo Choi started working with us in 2010, as our front-desk receptionist and dental assistant. She then studied Bachelor of Science major in Oral Health; now dual qualified as a Registered Dental Hygienist and Dental Therapist. Garbo is very outgoing and friendly and enjoys her balanced lifestyle between work and play.
You will find her playing badminton every now and then, Windsurfing in summer and Snowboarding in winter: loving spontaneous trips in between. She is really passionate about her work and will ensure you are well looked after by meeting your individual needs with a touch of her gentleness when you visit DentalToday.
Erika Schmidt joined our team in 2009, as a qualified Dental Assistant. Since then she has been providing excellent support to Dr Amith while making sure at all times that the patients in her care are as comfortable as they can be.
Outside work, Erika spends her time with her husband and son, along with their dog Max. Erika loves travelling with her family
Denny Grace Magcalas works with us as a part-time Dental Assistant and Receptionist. She is currently doing her undergraduate degree in University of Auckland. Denny is friendly and bubbly, and she enjoys interacting with people.
Denny enjoys watching Netflix and trying out different food places on her spare time.
Raissa Navoais our full-time front office manager who will always assist you with a smile on her face. She enjoys the daily tasks and challenges of admin work.
Raissa has worked in the customer service industry for more than 10 years and that experience, along with the knowledge she gained from Dental Today, equipped her to be our Front Office Manager.
Denisce Magcalas is our part-time receptionist. She is a nursing student at The University of Auckland who is passionate in helping and working with people.
Vadym is committed to provide professional service with the best possible care, technology, design and construction of our dentures. Vadym has been working with us for more than a decade.